Saturday, February 19, 2011

We have arrived in Chichicastenango!

We left Guatemala City this am at about 10:30. We drove through some beautiful countryside and arrived at a great restaurant where we had some fantastic food. Some of our troop did some shopping there - there were some stands where they sold fabric and purses etc. Me, I'm waiting for Market Day tomorrow. :)
After the fantastic lunch (wow, I didn't know tortilla bread could taste that good!) we drove to the first school that the Sienna project completed in Agua Viva. I've posted photos below.

We then drove for a bit and got to see two volcanoes. It was a bit cloudy, so we couldn't see much.

Now, we've checked in to our hotel and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. I thought it would be much more rural. It's actually a very nice hotel.

2 comments:

  1. Stephen...great pictures! Thanks. Don

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Don! It's been more work than I expected, but also more fun.

    ReplyDelete